March 18, 2011

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison

In the fifth and final book in the epic Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx—leader of the Society of the Evening Star—is after the final artifacts needed to open the great demon prison, Zzyxx. If the legendary prison is opened, a tide of evil is certain to usurp control of the world.In an effort to intercept the final artifacts, Kendra, Seth and the Knights of the Dawn race to strange and exotic preserves across the globe. The stakes have never been higher. The risks have never been more deadly.In this explosive series finale, allegiances will be confirmed and secrets revealed as the forces of light and darkness collide in a desperate, climactic battle to control the keys to the demon prison.
This book was much longer then the other Fablehaven books and I had to fight a little in some parts not to loose interest but on a whole I found it very fun and exiting. Like I said in my review of the fourth book- it has gotten a whole lot more intense. The stakes are once again higher. It also is very unique because this is a mission that they probably won't succeed and if they don't succeed, they die. Which really shows who people really are when they are confronting a very dangerous situation. Brandon Mull [once] again has excellent word choice; the words are almost as good as the plot. All in all a winner of gigantic portions.
5/5
P.S. I leave early Sunday morning to go to Washington D.C. with my class so I won't be posting for a while.

1 comment:

  1. You are becoming quite the professional with your reviews. Good job Benji and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison