October 23, 2011

Guest Post- Top Spooky Books this Fall by Katie from Mundie Moms

Today I am very happy to announce we have Katie here from one of my favorite blogs, Mundie Moms. Mundie Moms is a Mortal Instruments Fan Site and a place to find very awesome reviews! Today she's going to tell us about her favorite spooky books that came out this season! Prepare for a bookish scare!
This Dark Edeavour: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstien by Kenneth Oppel
Action, suspense, brotherly love, romance, adventure, jealousy and betrayal are just a few of the things that not only make this book feeling like you're reading a classic, but they all play into who Victor Frankenstein becomes.
Enthralled: Paranormal Divisions edited by Melissa Marr & Kelley Armstrong
Nothing screams read me on Halloween than this fabulous collection of 18 different paranormal short stories from just as many authors. This book has everything, vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, ghosts, faeries and more.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor
This book really isn't spooky, and it's not haunting, but it's one of those well written novels that's dark, beautiful, and engaging. There's not another book quite like it out there. It's definitely one I'd re commend picking up to read.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This is a hauntingly edgy, debut that's mixed with sarcasm, and romance and will totally mess with your mind. It's one of those intriguing reads that will leave you thinking about days after you've read it.
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
This is one of those reads that's creepy, a little bit gory and really hard to put down. Kendare does such an awesome job with creating a story where readers understand why the ghost does the things she does.

After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedal
This is a thrilling mystery of terror, possession and has the right amount of intriguing creepiness that made it hard to put this book down...
And 5 more spooky books you should read:
Fateful by Claudia Gray
Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
Blood by K.J. Wignall
On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
Half Blood by Jennifer Armentrout

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your opinions, Katie. They're were some books on this list I've read, some on my to-read list and a few brand new ones for me to go check out! Katie got me ready for some scary reading fun!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Benji, do you think Misfit would be one to add to this stack? I thought you've read that one, its pretty scary involving demons and exorcism stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina- I haven't read Misfit, but have it on my kindle. Also, these are not my opinions, but the opinions of Katie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison