February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top 10 Books That Broke my Heart a Little
(Note: this may be a little spoilery, so use caution)
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
Why did Max have to die?? He was one of my favorite characters! WHY!?!?
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
I cry every time I even think about Rue dying. She did not deserve her fate, but it did help Katniss realize she had to kick some capitol butt.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  (Harry Potter, #5)
R.I.P. Sirius Black.
Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
All that suffering she went through... just to be recaptured.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
This was the diary of a wimpy kid where I finally realized they were just repeating themselves over and over.
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
She sacrificed way too much for her sisters... the ending made me sad :'(
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
I think you can tell from the title that this wasn't going to end well.
Ocean of Blood (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #2)
Darren Shan writes the most bloody, horrifying books ever. This one also was tragic.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Snape and Fred. WHY???
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
It's sorta pointless. Katniss went into the arena to save Prim and Prim ends up dying. That is depressing.


  1. Great choices! HP 7 left my heart empty because the series was over and I didn't know what to do next. HP 5 broke my heart...I think it's obvious why. Most people were more choked up about HP 6, but I think both 5 and 6 made me really sad.

    Great picks. I'm going to have to check out the ones I haven't read.

    My Teaser Tuesday/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

  2. Crap!!! Im reading Fever now and your mentioned just gave it away to me, ughhhhh. Poor Rhine.

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com

  3. Great choices! I have Mockingjay on my list, because that left me gutted, not just heart broken. I accidentally caught your spoiler about Fever, but I figured that's what would happen anyway.

  4. I remember sobbing so loudly during Order of the Phoenix...not a cute cry either. Mockinjay really just destroyed me at times. Great choices!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews

  5. Great choices - the Rue moment is heart-breaking! Definitely bawled my way through that one


Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison